The 5 Top Reasons Solar Could Be Right for Your Home
Have you ever looked at your burgeoning electric bill during the high heat of summer of the frigid winter cold and wished there was another option? Have you ever considered the possibility of solar photovoltaic (PV) panels as an option to dramatically reduce or eliminate your bill but thought it was too expensive, your house didn’t face the right way, or stopped short for some other reason? Consider these 5 top reasons Solar could be the right choice for your New England home.
Own Your Power With Solar Energy
- Owning your home AND your power is a game changer. There are bills in life you will simply always have to pay but your electric bill is not one of them! Owning a solar array has the potential to dramatically reduce or eliminate your residential electric bill. With significant decreases in solar costs, coupled with various federal and state incentives, the ROI and payback period for solar had dropped to a handful of years. Homeowners are successfully implementing “net zero” solar arrays that assure they own their power long into the future and avoid the ever-rising electric utility costs.
With Solar Energy, Location is Key
- Location, location, location! Many people believe the only option for solar panels on the home is with a South facing roof. In actuality, South, East or West roofs, or any combination thereof, have the potential for excellent solar production. In fact, in some locations in the country, such as California, where the sun shines stronger year round, homeowners may be incentivized to install panels on their West facing roofs (even with south facing options). This is due to the benefits that solar power production can provide to the grid at certain times of day when residential power demand increases. Roof tilt and any potential shading are consideration factors as well, but East and/or West facing installs are occurring successfully all over the country and a qualified solar professional can help you determine the best layout option for your individual scenario.
Solar May Increase Your Home’s Value
- Residential solar has become an investment that provides immediate and long-term financial benefits including increasing your property value. A study published by Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory and a team of experienced realtors across 6 states throughout the US confirmed that on average, even a small solar install (5KW) should increase a home’s value by $15,000 (or $20,000 in CA)
At an absolute minimum you are selling a home with dramatic energy saving features, if not a fully “net zero” offering. Additionally, depending on when you sell your home post-install, any remaining incentives such as Renewable Energy Credits can be transferred to the new home owner – increasing your selling value/price even further with the potential of an on-going revenue stream. The panels are also extremely low maintenance. The life of a typical solar install is 25 years, including transferable product warranties; a solid value proposition to any buyer.
There Are Tax Credits for Solar
- The federal government currently offers a 30% tax credit on the total cost of a residential solar install. Additionally, many states throughout the US offer incentives such as direct rebates for residential renewable energy projects. There is also an opportunity in most every state in the country for on-going income to be earned on residential solar production through the S/REC market. These incentives further increase the already positive ROI and financial benefits of solar for the home.
Contribute to a Greener World With Solar Panels
- Every day nature experiences the undeniable effects of human inhabitants. While some people believe they alone cannot make a difference – EVERY person who makes an attempt to reduce their carbon footprint can, and does, make a difference! Every kilowatt hour of clean energy produced is one less generated through fossil fuels. Even a small install can have a big impact. A 5KW solar power system, for example, can avoid more than 4 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions per year. That’s the equivalent of 4,500 lbs of coal burned, or 1 car driven 10,106 miles!
Contact Solar Endeavors: Turn Key Solar Installation in MA, NH, and ME
Aside from all the amazing benefits of solar power for your home, and for the environment, the beauty of it all is that while there is no real guarantee that fossil fuels will always be available, or affordable, the sun will always shine. There may be cloudy days (even then your solar is producing) but just ONE fully captured second of energy output from the Sun is enough to power the US for about 9,000,000 years. Time to contact Solar Endeavors to find out more. Learn how to harness some of the Sun’s incredible power for yourself!